Residential & commercial
tree and shrub planting
WHY PLANT TREES AND SHRUBBERY?
Planting trees and shrubs is one of the best things you can do for the environment and to contribute to the beauty of your surroundings. With houses nearby, you love your neighbors but also like some privacy as well. Tree and shrub planting is something every homeowner should seriously consider.
EXPERIENCE THE DOBIS DIFFERENCE
For over a decade, Dobis Landscaping has been providing the highest quality lawn care, landscaping, fertilizing and pest control services to our customers in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
So many reasons to plant!
Tree and shrub planting beautifies your yard and provides shelter to wildlife and shade to humans during summer!
By absorbing carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen, trees and shrubs filter the air making the air smells crisp and clean. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, “One acre of forest absorbs six tons of carbon dioxide and puts out four tons of oxygen.”
It’s also a good feeling to know that you’ve orchestrated something positive that will continue to reap benefits for people, animals, and the environment after you’re gone.
But now, on to the practical concerns!
Look at potential planting sites and weigh the benefits of different species of trees and shrubs.
Key benefits of tree and shrub planting:
- Improved curb appeal
- Increased privacy (eventually!)
- Increased home value
- Fresh air
- Positive contribution to the environment
- the beauty of nature
Who can benefit from tree and shrub planing?
- Your family and friends
- Your neighbors
- The world
Types of trees offered:
- Arborvitae (Thuja occidentalis)
- Black Ash (Fraxinus nigra)
- White Ash (Fraxinus Americana)
- Bigtooth Aspen (Populus grandidentata)
- Quaking Aspen (Populus tremuloides)
- Basswood (Tilia americana)
- American Beech (Fagus grandifolia)
- Black Birch (Betula lenta)
- Gray Birch (Betula populifolia)
- Paper Birch (Betula papyrifera)
- Yellow Birch (Betula alleghaniensis)
- Butternut (Juglans cinerea)
- Black Cherry (Prunus serotina)
- Pin Cherry (Prunus pensylvanica)
- American Chestnut (Castanea dentata)
- Eastern Cottonwood (Populus deltoides)
- Cucumber Tree (Magnolia acuminata)
- American Elm (Ulmus americana)
- Slippery Elm (Ulmus rubra)
- Balsam Fir (Abies balsamea)
- Hawthorn (Crataegus)
- Eastern Hemlock (Tsuga canadensis)
- Bitternut Hickory (Carya cordiformis)
- Pignut Hickory (Carya glabra)
- Shagbark Hickory (Carya ovata)
- American Hophornbeam (Ostrya virginiana)
- American Hornbeam (Carpinus caroliniana)
- American Larch (Larix laricina)
- Black Locust (Robinia pseudoacacia)
- Honey-Locust (Gleditsia triacanthos)
- Red Maple (Acer rubrum)
- Silver Maple (Acer saccharinum)
- Sugar Maple (Acer saccharum)
- Black Oak (Quercus velutina)
- Chestnut Oak (Quercus montana)
- Northern Red Oak (Quercus rubra)
- Scarlet Oak (Quercus coccinea)
- White Oak (Quercus alba)
- Eastern White Pine (Pinus strobus)
- Pitch Pine (Pinus rigida)
- Red Pine (Pinus resinosa)
- Eastern Redcedar (Juniperus virginiana)
- Sassafras (Sassafras albidum)
- Shadbush (Amelanchier Canadensis)
- Red Spruce (Picea rubens)
- White Spruce (Picea glauca)
- Sycamore (Platanus occidentalis)
- Tulip Tree (Liriodendron tulipifera)
- Black Walnut (Juglans nigra)
- Black Willow (Salix nigra)
Types of shrubs offered:
- Witch hazel
- Forsythia bushes
- Rose of Sharon
- Fothergilla bushes
- Oakleaf hydrangea
- Red twig dogwood
- Holly shrubs
- King’s gold
- Gold mops
- Stewartstonian azalea
- Rose bushes
- Hardy hibiscus
GET IN TOUCH!
Dobis Landscaping provides both commercial and residential services. Add to the beauty of your home and protect the environment. Contact Dobis Landscaping for all your tree and shrub planting needs today!
GET IN TOUCH!
Let us provide you with a cost-effective bid for your landscaping needs. Have questions? Contact us for fast and friendly service!
Quick Contact Form
5466 Garfield Rd. #2
Saginaw, MI 48603